FEATURES OF THE TEXAS ALMANAC 2014-2015
* Sketches of eight historic ranches of Texas by Texana writer Mike Cox.
* Article on the Texas art and artists by Houston businessman and art collector J.P. Bryan, who has amassed the world's largest Texana collection.
* Coverage of the 2012 elections, redistricting, and the 2012 Texas Olympic medalists.
* An update on Major League Baseball in Texas.
* Lists of sports champions -- high school, college, and professional.
MAJOR SECTIONS UPDATED FOR EACH EDITION
* The Environment, including geology, plant life, wildlife, rivers, and lakes.
* Weather highlights of the previous two years, plus a list of destructive weather dating from 1766.
* Two-year Astronomical Calendar that shows moon phases, times of sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset, eclipses, and meteor showers.
* Recreation, with details on state and national parks and forests, landmarks, and fairs and festivals.
* Sports, including lists of high school football and basketball champions, professional sports teams, Texas Olympians, and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductees.
* Counties section, with detailed county maps and profiles for Texas's 254 counties.
* Population figures from the 2010 US Census and State Data Center estimates as of 2012.
* Comprehensive list of Texas Cities and Towns.
* Politics, Elections, and information on Federal, State, and Local Governments.
* Culture and the Arts, including a list of civic and religious Holidays.
* Religion census of 2010 by denomination and adherents; breakdown on metro areas and counties.
* Health and Science, with charts of vital statistics.
* Education, including a complete list of colleges and universities, and UIL results.
* Business and Transportation, with an expanded section on Oil and Gas.
* Agriculture, including data on production of crops, fruits, vegetables, livestock, and dairy.
* Obituaries of notable Texans.
* Pronunciation Guide to Texas town and county names.