Whether you're a miler or an ultramarathoner"> Runner's World
Whether you're a miler or an ultramarathoner" />
|Our Price:||$10.79 USD|
Want to be notified if this title comes back in stock? Add it to your wishlist!
"The best running book ever." --Bob Anderson, founder of Runner's World
Whether you're a miler or an ultramarathoner, if you want a fit, fast, and injury-resistant running body, there's a better way to train than relentlessly pursuing mileage. This easy-to-use workout manual draws on the latest research in running physiology to target all the components that go into every stride--including muscles, connective tissue, cardiovascular fitness, energy production, the nervous system, hormones, and the brain. With the breakthrough whole-body training program in Build Your Running Body, runners will improve their times, run longer and more comfortably, and reduce injury.
With more than 150 workouts--from weightlifting and cross-training to resistance exercises and plyometrics--fine-tuned to individual skill levels and performance goals, PLUS:
* 393 photos that make it easy to follow every step of every workout
* 10 training programs to help runners of all levels integrate the total-body plan into their daily routines
* Interviews with leading runners, exercise scientists, and coaches--learn how elite runners train today
* Race strategy for the crucial weeks leading up to the competition and through to the finish line
* Exercises to prevent injury and rehabilitate common running ailments
* Seasoned insight on barefoot running, the pros and cons of stretching, and other hot-button topics
* Nutrition guidance on carbs, proteins, fats, and weight loss
* More than 30 recipes to speed recovery and cement fitness gains
* Beginners' guidelines every step of the way
* Valuable tips on proper apparel, tracking your progress, and more!
NOTE: This title is a Bargain book. Bargain books are excess inventory or store returns from publishers that are discreetly marked with a small dot or line on the edge of the pages and, while most are in great condition, some books may exhibit minor cosmetic wear and tear. They may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. In rare cases the actual cover of the book might not match the one in the display picture. For more information, visit Our Product page.