There’s nothing like making your own sketchbook, or wrapping a favorite book in the perfect homemade slipcase. And you can create it all yourself! Select the tools and materials you’ll need, master basic book-binding techniques, and practice your new skills on 12 eye-catching projects. Then explore the gallery of variations for more inspiration to make each book form your own. Whether you’re an experienced book binder or new to the art, Book Art Studio Handbook will help you take your books to the next level.
With Book Art Studio Handbook, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up your workspace or studio
- Choose the right board, paper, book cloth, and other supplies for your project
- Fold a textblock, make a sewing template, glue a cover, and practice other essential techniques
- Create albums: Imagine your photos in an Accordion Album with Frames, for example
- Create books: How about a flexible Tacketed Book to customize?
- Create enclosures: From Slipcase to French Box
- Challenge yourself: Try your hand at an advanced project, such as a Travel Journal
NOTE: This title is a Bargain book. Bargain books are excess inventory or store returns from publishers that are discreetly marked with a small dot or line on the edge of the pages and, while most are in great condition, some books may exhibit minor cosmetic wear and tear. They may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. In rare cases the actual cover of the book might not match the one in the display picture. For more information, visit Our Product page.
Book Outlet is committed to making its website www.bookoutlet.com usable by all people, including those with disabilities. We are in the process of making upgrades to this site to achieve this goal. Please call us at 1-888-402-7323 during the hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm EST Monday - Friday for assistance.