The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition is the definitive practical handbook for anyone wanting a performance advantage. Anita Bean once again succeeds in demystifying the sports person's diet in her inimitable clear and concise style. Alongside the theory, The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition is packed with practical advice--suggested menus, recipes, and eating plans relevant to all training programs. Written by one of the most respected sports nutritionists, this fully updated and revised edition provides the latest research and information to help you succeed.
This eighth edition includes accessible guidance on the following topics:
- Maximizing endurance, strength, and performance
- How to calculate your optimal calorie, carbohydrate, and protein requirements
- Advice on improving body composition
- Specific advice for women, children, and vegetarians
- Eating plans to cut body fat, gain muscle, and prepare for competition
- Sport-specific nutritional advice
NOTE: This is a Scratch & Dent book and may have noticeable dents, scratches and various other cosmetic issues as well as torn or missing dust jacket. These items are only guaranteed to be structurally complete and readable and therefore are sold as is.