|Our Price:||$7.79 USD|
Want to be notified if this title comes back in stock? Add it to your wishlist!
In the bestselling style of the Reeds Handbook series, Reeds Ocean Handbook builds on Reeds Skipper's Handbook with advice for skippers or crew planning to venture further afield. Complimenting the RYA Ocean Yachtmaster course, this handy pocketbook provides all the essential navigation, weather, and route planning theory, as well as practical guidance and advice on long-distance radio communications, ocean passage-making, and risk/emergency preparations.
Color coded sections, for user-friendly accessibility, cover:
- World climate and route planning (including world wind systems, ocean currents, tropical revolving storms)
- Navigation (charts, great circle vs. Mercator routes, time zones, satellite navigation systems, advice on on-passage navigation routines)
- Astro navigation (basic theory refresher, practical astro navigation, plus using and adjusting the sextant)
- Passage making (route planning, preparing the yacht, power needs, supplies of water, food, gas, and diesel, watch-keeping routines, crew care)
- Communications (features and advantages of VHF, MF, SSB, and satellite phones, weather fax, email, and access to the internet)
- Risks and emergencies (preparing for them, equipment checklist, grab bags, emergency procedures)
Internationally relevant with color diagrams throughout, this handy pocket-sized handbook is an ideal revision aid on shore and the perfect quick reference guide on the boat.
NOTE: This title is a Bargain book. Bargain books are excess inventory or store returns from publishers that are discreetly marked with a small dot or line on the edge of the pages and, while most are in great condition, some books may exhibit minor cosmetic wear and tear. They may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. In rare cases the actual cover of the book might not match the one in the display picture. For more information, visit Our Product page.