& FREE Shipping on orders over $35
The updated edition of the essential resource for the 250,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer each year
Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women from thirty-five to fifty-four years of age, and few things are as terrifying and confusing as a diagnosis of this disease. The fifth edition of The Breast Cancer Survival Manual is a concise, information-packed guide that is newly revised to contain all of the latest findings to help the woman facing treatment feel informed and empowered. John Link, M.D., a pioneer developer of Breastlink Medical Group in Southern California includes the most current medical advice on
• Tamoxifen, Herceptin, and other chemotherapy options
• The growing importance of HER2 oncogene testing
• Clinical research trials under way that could broaden treatment options
• The role of preventive drugs and prophylactic mastectomy for those with high genetic risk
• Sentinel lymph node sampling, a method of local control soon to become standard
Of course, all of the basic information included in the previous editions—the nature and biology of breast cancer, choosing a treatment team, managing side effects, and optimizing medication—are here as well, making this the best book of its kind on the market.
NOTE: This title is a Bargain Book Copy, purchased direct from various publishers as excess inventory or a store return. The book is in new condition and will, in most cases, have a small dot or line on the edge of the book. It may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. For more information please refer to the information page Our Product.