Overcoming Passive-Aggression (Revised Edition)
Bargain Book Copy
Hostile humor, negative undertones, and silent standoffs--nearly everyone has experienced hidden anger at some point, whether at home, with friends, or at work or school. Even if it's done to avoid open conflict and keep the peace, habitually concealing anger becomes insidious. When people don't express their true views and emotions, it undermines harmony and can actually cause physical and psychological harm. Tim Murphy and Loriann Oberlin explain what passive-aggression is; show how to spot the controlling, depressed, and self-absorbed behaviors that identify it; and share assertive communication strategies to overcome it, with:
• The latest research on emotional mismanagement, mood disorders, and chronic negativity
• Entirely new chapters about children and teens, divorce, and how to seek professional help
• Advice on how to avoid the pitfalls of social media, texting, and online communication
• Insights for educators, managers, legal professionals, and others
• A new appendix for clinicians, physicians, and healthcare providers
Whether you need practical ways to manage your own anger or strategies to cope with this behavior in others, Overcoming Passive-Aggression offers powerful tools for enriched relationships and personal growth.
NOTE: This title is a Bargain Book Copy, purchased direct from the publisher or distributor as excess inventory or a store return. The book is in new condition and will, in most cases, have a small dot or line on the edge of the book. It may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. In a rare case the actual cover for a book might not match the one in the display picture. For more information please refer to the information page Our Product.