Associated Press Stylebook 2015 and Briefing on Media Law (Fully Revised and Updated)
Bargain Book Copy
The style of the Associated Press is the gold standard for news writing. With The AP Stylebook in hand, you can learn how to write and edit with the clarity and professionalism for which they are famous. Fully revised and updated, this new edition contains more than 3,000 A to Z entries?including more than 200 new ones?detailing the AP?s rules on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, and word and numeral usage. You?ll find answers to such wide-ranging questions as:
• When should the names of government bodies be spelled out and when should they be abbreviated?
• What are the general definitions of the major religious movements?
• Which companies do the big media conglomerates own?
• Who are all the members of the British Commonwealth?
• How should box scores for baseball games be filed?
• What constitutes "fair use"?
• What exactly does the Freedom of Information Act cover?
With invaluable additional sections on the unique guidelines for business and sports reporting and on how you can guard against libel and copyright infringement,The AP Stylebook is the one reference that all writers, editors, and students cannot afford to be without.
NOTE: This title is a Bargain Book Copy, purchased direct from the publisher or distributor as excess inventory or a store return. The book is in new condition and will, in most cases, have a small dot or line on the edge of the book. It may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. In a rare case the actual cover for a book might not match the one in the display picture. For more information please refer to the information page Our Product.