Game Design Essentials
- Author: Mitchell, Briar Lee
- Binding: Softcover
- List Price: $39.99
- Our Price: $14.99 USD
- Qty Avail: 1
The quickly evolving mobile market is spurring digital game creation into the stratosphere, with revenue from games exceeding that of the film industry. With this guide to the basics, you'll get in on the game of digital game design while you learn the skills required for storyboarding, character creation, environment creation, level design, programming, and testing.
- Teaches basic skill sets in the context of current systems, genres, and game-play styles
- Demonstrates how to design for different sectors within gaming including console, PC, handheld, and mobile
- Explores low-poly modeling for game play
- Addresses character and prop animation, lighting and rendering, and environment design
- Discusses the path from concept to product, including pre- and post-production
- Includes real-world scenarios and interviews with key studio and industry professionals
With Game Design Essentials, you'll benefit from a general-but-thorough overview of the core art and technology fundamentals of digital game design for the 21st century.NOTE: This is a Scratch and Dent book and may have noticeable dents, scratches and various other cosmetic issues as well as torn or missing dust jacket. These items are only guaranteed to be structurally complete and readable and therefore are sold as is.