Doomed to Repeat
- Author: Fawcett, Bill
- Binding: Paperback
- List Price: $14.99
- Our Price: $4.99 USD
- Sale Price: $4.24 USD
- Qty Avail: 2
An engrossing and fact-filled compendium of timeless lessons we keep forgetting--over and over and over . . .
It is said that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And so we have. Time and again humankind has overcome great turmoil only to ignore hard-earned wisdom at the very worst moment. Borrowing more from Groundhog Day than D-day, Bill Fawcett illuminates some of the predicaments, both infamous and obscure, that have vexed us for centuries--and just may explain many of today's global conflicts. Through fourteen chapters, Doomed to Repeat is chock-full of trivia, historical oddities, and fascinating insights into our most popular mistakes.
- What really stops terrorists
- How inflation and recession helped set the stage for the Nazis to take power
- What really ended the Great Depression and whether it could work today
- What history predicts for the final results of the Arab Spring
- Swine flu, bird flu, and the chances of another worldwide plague