FEATURES OF THE TEXAS ALMANAC 2014-2015
* Sketches of eight historic ranches of Texas by Texana writer Mike Cox.
* Article on the Texas art and artists by Houston businessman and art collector J.P. Bryan, who has amassed the world's largest Texana collection.
* Coverage of the 2012 elections, redistricting, and the 2012 Texas Olympic medalists.
* An update on Major League Baseball in Texas.
* Lists of sports champions -- high school, college, and professional.
MAJOR SECTIONS UPDATED FOR EACH EDITION
* The Environment, including geology, plant life, wildlife, rivers, and lakes.
* Weather highlights of the previous two years, plus a list of destructive weather dating from 1766.
* Two-year Astronomical Calendar that shows moon phases, times of sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset, eclipses, and meteor showers.
* Recreation, with details on state and national parks and forests, landmarks, and fairs and festivals.
* Sports, including lists of high school football and basketball champions, professional sports teams, Texas Olympians, and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductees.
* Counties section, with detailed county maps and profiles for Texas's 254 counties.
* Population figures from the 2010 US Census and State Data Center estimates as of 2012.
* Comprehensive list of Texas Cities and Towns.
* Politics, Elections, and information on Federal, State, and Local Governments.
* Culture and the Arts, including a list of civic and religious Holidays.
* Religion census of 2010 by denomination and adherents; breakdown on metro areas and counties.
* Health and Science, with charts of vital statistics.
* Education, including a complete list of colleges and universities, and UIL results.
* Business and Transportation, with an expanded section on Oil and Gas.
* Agriculture, including data on production of crops, fruits, vegetables, livestock, and dairy.
* Obituaries of notable Texans.
* Pronunciation Guide to Texas town and county names.
NOTE: This is a Scratch & Dent book and may have noticeable dents, scratches and various other cosmetic issues as well as torn or missing dust jacket. These items are only guaranteed to be structurally complete and readable and therefore are sold as is.