The New Rules of Running
Bargain Book Copy
Whether you're a beginning or advanced runner, trying to lower your personal-best time, recovering from injury, or just running to stay in shape, The New Rules of Running will make you a faster, healthier runner. Including training schedules from two-time NYC Marathon champion and legendary coach Tom Fleming, this informative guide provides the keys to surviving the grueling months leading up to a half- or full marathon, with:
* Full training plans for the half-marathon at all runner levels, with a focus on maximizing performance and preventing injuries, as well as a relatively low-mileage training plan for those busy adults interested in staying fit for many years to come.
* Essential nutrition and hydration tips to fuel and nourish your body so that you don't wind up cramping, hitting 'the wall,' or spending your long runs sprinting between bathroom stops.
* Pre- and post-run stretches, along with yoga, Pilates, and strength-training exercises specifically designed for runners.
* The biggest do's and don'ts for training.
* A thorough primer on running's most common injuries, emphasizing prevention and treatment, on everything from iliotibial band syndrome to plantar fasciitis, runner's knee to hamstring strains, and many more.
* A step-by-step recovery plan for those common injuries so that you can get back to your regular running regimen as quickly as possible.
Informative and accessible, The New Rules of Running is simply a must for all runners, whether they are serious marathoners or simply running for health, longevity, and happiness.
NOTE: This title is a Bargain Book Copy, purchased direct from various publishers as excess inventory or a store return. The book is in new condition and will, in most cases, have a small dot or line on the edge of the book. It may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. For more information please refer to the information page Our Product.