The Yoga Fit Athlete: Up Your Game with Sport-Specific Poses to Build Strength, Flexibility, and Balance
Bargain Book Copy
Whether you’re a professional athlete, a weekend warrior, or a pick-up game enthusiast, yoga can dramatically affect your athletic performance and improve your alignment, balance, core stability, strength, flexibility, agility, endurance, lung capacity, and mobility. In this motivating and practical guide, celebrated fitness expert Beth Shaw provides short, sport-specific yoga routines designed to help counter tight muscles, overuse injuries, and musculature imbalances. By adding a quick yoga routine to any workout, you will increase your overall strength and health, and achieve your personal best.
Inside you’ll find
• fully illustrated, sport-specific yoga routines that engage the core, enhance your play, and reduce the risk of injury
• essential warm-up and cool-down movements to complement any athletic endeavor
• simple breathing exercises to steady your breath and calm your nerves during competition
• meditation techniques to help clear your mind and bring laser focus to your goals
• guided imagery and visualization exercises to improve performance
• strategies for coaching yourself and others
NOTE: This title is a Bargain Book Copy, purchased direct from various publishers as excess inventory or a store return. The book is in new condition and will, in most cases, have a small dot or line on the edge of the book. It may also have a price sticker on it from the original store it was returned from. For more information please refer to the information page Our Product.